Sunday, October 29, 2006

Always Fighting for a Minute; Having Time for Nothing

It's been a busy week and, as such, I've found it very difficult to find time to post. Minutes have been stretched in all directions, but while difficult to find time to produce, I have afforded a good deal of time to consuming.

First, congratulations to Ed Lee of Blogging Me, Blogging You fame for his move to iStudio. Sounds like their up to some interesteing stuff, and it should prove to be a good fit for him. Unfortunately, I doubt it will improve his backhand or volley, but hey, one step at a time. Pints are in order.

Great post today by Mark Evans, looking at how the business model of traditional news outlets is changing (or should be changing) with out growing shift from traditional to new media. Great read for anyone in the media business.

I went and saw The Departed for the third time early this week. I don't think I've ever gone to see a movie in theater three times before, but this one has been worth every penny. The characters, plot and acting is top notch, and each time i see it I find new things to love about the movie. Even if you haven't been in awe of Scorcese's earlier works, believe me when I say that you won't be dissapointed with this one. A huge fan of Goodfellas, I can say with confidence that this is his masterpiece. If you haven't seen it, try to find a few hours this week to check it out. You won't be dissapointed. Alec Baldwin could have a second career as a comedian.

Not a fan of the blood-and-gore cinema experience, I sucked it up and went to a screening for Saw 3 this week, and was pleasantly impressed. Granted, the stomach turned a few times, but the plot itself was actually mroe than enough to overcompensate for some below-average acting. If it's your schtick, go check it out. Even if it's not but you think you can get past the creatively disgusting elements, the craft put into the plot makes it a good watch.

Started reading two new books this week: "The Captain is out to Lunch and the Sailors Have Taken Over the Ship" by Charles Bukowski, and "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins. Not very far into either, but they both look to be really good. If anyone's read either, please let me know if these assumptions are true (preferrably without giving too many spoliers). I'll probably be done them both in a matter of days or weeks, so if anyone has any recos on what to pick up next please send them along.

With that, I've stretched as many minutes as possible for today. Hopefully more will be available this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cheers for the shout out - the problem is that my b/h and volley can't really be improved too much more...

interesting to hear that the departed is so good - i'm waiting to see the original (infernal affairs) before i see this one!

make sure you review the books on the upandcomingprs wiki (http://upandcomingprs.pbwiki.com/)!

Ed