Wednesday, November 29, 2006

You Learn Something New Every Day

I've never been big on photography. Neither taking photos or viewing them have ever been much of a passion, except to see how ridiculous I looked in my fat stage at 13 or how innocent I looked back before I turned into a complete and utter self-serving jackass (mostly photos taken by my mother pre-1987).
In my entire life, I have taken three series of photos. One from a particularly fun and intoxicated May 2-4 weekend when I was 18. One from a particularly dressy and intoxicated High School Prom. One from a particularly cold and intoxicated New Year's trip to Montreal. When I woke up on New Year's Day, 2002, I subconsciously made the decision to never care about taking another photograph ever again. Until now.

I've started getting into photoblogs lately, and a few are making me itch to get my hands on a high-power camera and go out and start taking some shots. Granted, knowing very little about cameras and having very little creative or artistic ability, I'm sure I won't be producing enough to make the purchase all that worthwhile for a good amount of time. But hey, who knows, maybe I'll discover a hidden talent. I mean, everybody has a talent, right? I'd like to think that my current talents of well-timed smart ass remarks and the ability to drink in excess without second thought to the ever-worsening condition of my liver are just the tip of the iceberg.

A few of my favorites so far:



Apparently Nothing


eP - emptyPictures


If you know of any other really good ones, send me a link. I'm turning into a junky.

No comments: